"But, really, why does anyone create? You feel a... a restlessness inside, a need to make something new, something no one has ever seen before. You want to add to the beauty and the richness of the world with a gift, an offering that is uniquely yours. It's an act of selfishness and generosity, all rolled into one."

-- Bruce Coville,
The Last Hunt

Sunday, August 8, 2010

Rough Draft

Ask, and ye shall receive! I've got a couple of lovely seamstresses who are making bags for me now. Thanks, Gina and Chris!

I think somebody should sell "embellishable" bags on Etsy. I can't be the only person who wants to decorate a purse but can't sew.

So here's the start on my sister's graduation card:

Nothing is glued down yet except the background, so the dragon may get repositioned. Mainly, though, I need to figure out what to do with all that space at the bottom. When I decide on something, you'll be the first to know.

4 comments:

  1. If the bottom is land, I would tat some colorful flowers. If it's water, I'd tat some fish. I look forward to seeing what your ideas are!

    I'm glad you found someone to sew purses for you to embellish. I made some bags out of jeans a couple of years ago, and they were great fun to embellish. Unfortunately, the start of school is coming quickly, and I don't think I have time to clean my sewing room and sew! Maybe I should get started on that today...

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is really magical! Lovely message in the visual...
    Fox : )

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh there is a wonderful gal on ETSY who makes embellished purses. I have one and it is gorgeous. I also have Mary Francis bag collection; they they are embellished with stones, shells and fancy stitching..some of those are beautiful, too. (but pricy) The gal on Etsy is quite reasonable for such fine hand work…
    bj

    ReplyDelete
  4. Baby dragons! Find Ringtrim and do him in bunches of different colors! Or you could do simple single ring flowers, those would be pretty.

    ReplyDelete